SBIR Topic: N101-042
Environmental Wideband Acoustic Receiver and Source (EWARS)
TITLE: EWARS F6 Phase II.5 Accelerated Transition (AT) SBIR
OBJECTIVE: Fully mature EWARS F6 sonobuoy technology to TRL-6.
Awarded to: RDA, Inc.
Contract #: N68335-18-C-184
Topic #: N101-042
Phase: II.5 AT
Scheduled Completion Dates:
- Phase I (SBIR N101-042) $0.149M — 2009/2010
- Phase II (SBIR N101-042) $0.996M — 2011–2013
- Phase II.5 CD (SBIR N101-042) $1.524M — 2014–2016
- Phase II.5 AT (SBIR N101-042) $1.779M — 2018–2021
Develop A-size F6 prototype sonobuoy demonstrated at TRL-6.
- Components & technologies applicable to other sonobuoys
- Digital Hydrophone arrays and Dipole
- In-buoy signal processing
- Improved battery life
- Verified in at-sea environment
- Enhanced F6 transducer design and power amplifier components verified at sea depths commensurate with the EWARS operational environment
- A-size F6 EWARS Sonobuoy
- Airborne ASW Tactical Capability